Well Integrated Projects in 1 programme
- Strengthen the research capacity of NM-AIST academics and staff to carry out state-of-the-art research that is responsive to the true needs of the society in Tanzania.
- PhD students who are staff of NM-AIST will be trained.
- Strengthening the NM-AIST library by improving access to literature, scientific databases, online resources and support to publishing and exposure.
- To contribute to the livelihood improvement of people living in the upper Pangani Basin.
- The research programme will work in the area of livelihood improvement through interventions in soil, water and sanitation.
Main focus areas of the projects:
- Improving Sanitation, Water quality and Agricultural productivity in the Upper Pangani Basin.
- Development of water purification technologies
- Applied aquatic ecology
- Institutional Strengthening
- Technology Park
- Programme Support Unit